At Olympia Golden Beach Resort & Spa (hereinafter referred to as "Hotel"), we follow stringent procedures to protect our customers' personal data in accordance with European Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR).
With this Policy, we would like to inform you of the categories of personal data we process, the purposes of the processing, the duration of the processing, and your rights in relation to GDPR.
We collect personal data with the following purposes
- Booking of room or other premises and the provision of the corresponding services
- Management of the stay
- Supply of additional services (spa etc.)
- Programming and organizing events
- Sending newsletters
- Delivery of services and consumptions and payment processing
- Safety and protection of legitimate interests (use of security cameras)
- Compliance with obligations imposed by applicable law
Categories of personal data that we process
- Identity data (e.g. name, nationality, date of birth)
- Data designed for the stay (e.g. room number, length of stay, consumption of goods)
- Preferences and interests (e.g. special desires for food, allergies)
- Photos / video
- Data related to health (if spa is used)
- Contact details (e.g. home address, email address, telephone number)
- Billing details (e.g. credit cards, debit cards, bank account)
The data we collect on persons under the age of 16 are restricted to given name, surname and date of birth. This data can only be provided by an adult/guardian.
Type of processing
For the above-mentioned purposes, authorized personnel will proceed to each operation or set of operations for processing your data and by means of automated, semi-automated means such as, for example, collecting, registering, organizing, correcting, storing, adjusting, modifying, retrieving, searching for information.
Through these automated / semiautomated processes, we can decide more quickly, with greater precision, transparency and consistency.
Duration of processing
The duration of processing based on the following criteria, as appropriate:
- When processing is determined as a requirement under the applicable legal framework, your personal data will be stored for as long as required.
- When processing is done on a contractual basis, your personal data is stored for as long as it is necessary to perform the contract and to establish, exercise, and / or support legal claims under the contract.
- For the purpose of promoting communication and service, your personal data is retained until your consent is withdrawn. This can be done by you at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of consentbased processing in the period before its revocation.
We take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information will be stored no longer than needed for the purpose which it has been collected and no longer than required by the contract or the applicable legislation.
Since you exercise any of your rights, we will take any measure possible to meet your request within a 30 days period from the reception of the request and will inform you accordingly.
In addition, you can always deny the process of your personal data by revoking your consent. However, this action will terminate the services. This is because, as explained above, no professional services can be provided without personal data processing.
Protection of Personal Data
Personal data protection is a commitment for the Hotel. To achieve this, we implement all modern and appropriate technical and organizational measures.
We use a range of security technologies and procedures that help us to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
However, please bear in mind that despite the reasonable measures that we take to protect your personal data, no website, internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is ever completely safe.
Transfer of personal data
Your data is transferred to departments of the Hotel for completing the service provided and for its proper and uninterrupted operation.
All personal data are processed by the staff, which is authorized to handle personal data. In every transfer the Hotel always takes every possible measure so that the data to be transferred is always the minimum necessary and that the conditions for legitimate and lawful processing will always be met. We may transfer your personal data to our partners as Processors and only for the purposes described in this policy.
Cookies are small bits of text stored on user’s browser when he visits a website. These bits of text, which are stored on the user's computer, may contain information such as the pages visited by the user, the date and time of the visit as well as a random unique user identifier.
Cookies serve a range of useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your login credentials, so you do not have to enter them again each time you connect to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties to understand the most popular parts of our services. They help us see which pages and features are visited by the users. By studying this kind of information, we can provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertisements by collecting information about your use of our services and other websites and applications.
When you use a website, you can make settings in your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when cookies are sent. Each browser is different. Refer to the “Help” menu of your browser to find out how you can change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may offer more control settings for cookies.
However, please note that certain services may have been designed to work with cookies and that deactivating cookies may affect your ability to use those Services or part of those Services.
Use of WebHotelier
WebHotelier is a fully customized online booking engine for hotels. This application works both as a booking system and as a search engine.
Printed form of this Policy can be found at our Hotel's Reception or can be sent to you on request.